Springfield No One Leaves/Nadie Se Mude
Advanced Movement Leaders Academy
The Advanced Movement Leaderâ€™s Academy is a 10 to 13-week organizing training for Springfield-area organizers, community leaders and residents involved in or interested in long-term transformative organizing to build power in and of working class communities of color.[youth, people of color, women, LGBTQIA folks encouraged to apply.
- Participants will come together to study, learn and practice concrete grassroots organizing skills, hone and develop anti-racist, anti-capitalist and anti-oppressive analysis in our organizing, and strategize together how to build long-term power f or systemic change. Together we’ll dive into building a strong core foundation of radical transformative organizing including base-building, campaign strategy development, popular and political education. We will ground the AMLA in current struggles that participants are involved in the Springfield area and study successful, emerging and historical organizing models from around the world. The Academy will be a unique space for emerging and experienced organizers to reflect and grow.
Springfield No One Leaves is committed to the leadership development and political education of our members and allies. We have made it a priority to invest both time and resources in these efforts because we think it is important and critical to our work and the future of our united movement. We are so excited that you are interested in the Advanced Movement Leaders Academy and we canâ€™t wait to stand and fight with you!
We ask that all applicants to the SNOL’S Advanced Movement Leaders Academy be prepared to make an investment of time and resources in your organization or in your community and to grow as a leader/organizer. This commitment includes:
- Full Participation all Thursday evening trainings
- Full Participation in 2 Intensive Organizing Weekend Trainings
- Completing Important Reading Materials prior to the start of the school
- A commitment to continuing as a leader of SNOL/NSM or your community organization and supporting the next cohort of emerging leaders.
Interested in enrolling in the Advanced Movement Leaders Academy? Please Contact Kalimah or Rose at 413-342-1804 or email us at email@example.com for an application.